Archive Mode. Call Magic of the Ordinary ended on 6/28/21, 5:00 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
1. A maximum of two entries per artist is permitted ($35 for up to two). Entry fee of $35 is not refundable for any reason. One image (jpeg) per submission except for 3D artwork, for which 2 views of the work is permitted.
2. Any work previously accepted into an Arlington Artists Alliance juried show (Gallery Underground/Gallery Clarendon) will not be accepted.
3. All works must be original, entirely the work of the artist and not based on or incorporating copyrighted work by another artist or photographer unless the artist has obtained permission to use copyrighted work. This also applies to computer-generated and digital work.
4. No giclees prints, or other reproductions except photography and hand-pulled works will be accepted.
5. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 60 inches high and 48 inches wide nor weigh more than 50 lbs. 3D work may not exceed 6 feet on its longest side and must weigh less than 75 lbs.
6. By entering artwork(s) in this show, artist agrees that these works are currently available - not in any other show, on any online or other sales venues or otherwise unavailable to deliver to show if accepted. Artist agrees that any accepted work will be available to deliver by deadline specified and will be removed from any online sales venue until close of the show.
7. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, change the sales price, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
8. All work must be for sale, priced at $100 and up. No work accepted and hung in the show may be removed by the artist until close of the show. Work is considered consigned to Gallery Underground, who will be the exclusive seller of the work for the duration of the show.
9. All two-dimensional works on paper must be matted under glass or Plexiglas.
10. Photographs printed on stretched canvas will not be accepted. Photographs framed under glass or Plexiglas must be matted. Photos mounted on metal and photos under glass without a frame are acceptable and do not need a mat, as long as the backs are wired for hanging. Photographs should be signed, either on the mat or on the photo. Please email curators if you have any other method of displaying photography.
11. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
12. All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing and hanging wire. Framing standards will be sent upon acceptance of your work. Work not meeting these framing standards will not be hung.
13. Gallery Underground reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria enumerated here. $35 entry fee is not refundable in the event work is rejected.
A C C E P T E D W O R K S:
Artworks will be hand delivered between 10am-12pm EST Saturday July 31, 2021 or shipped to arrive by 12pm Saturday July 31. Work may be shipped/delivered early - note our hours are 10am – 6pm EST Monday - Friday for shipped work, except for the Saturday of Receiving, July 31, 2021 when we will be open from 10am-12pm EST. Make sure your shipped work will arrive during gallery open hours. Any work not received by 12pm EST Saturday, July 31, 2021 will not be hung. Any work not picked up within 30 days of the date of pickup (Saturday, August 28, 2021) will become the property of Gallery Underground.
Notification of accepted or unaccepted work will be via email as early as possible after deadline, but no later than Monday, July 5, 2021. Sales will be promoted. Gallery Underground will retain a 30% commission on all sales (20% for current Arlington Artists Alliance members).
P U B L I C I T Y D I S C L A I M E R:
Gallery Underground reserves the right to use entry photographs for purposes of publicity, documentation, and promotion.
L E G A L A G R E E M E N T:
Submission of entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with all of the conditions and terms contained in this prospectus. No work accepted into this agreement may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. All decisions of the Juror are final. No refunds will be granted for noncompliance with this agreement.